Introduction to land use zoning and Oregon Building Codes for commercial buildings, using International Building Code. Selected portions of the code will be discussed, with application to sample buildings. Prerequisite/concurrent: ARCH 124 or BCT 103. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 40724
Denise A Roy
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4163 (Office) or 971-722-4160 (Advisor).
Course details: CRN 40724
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
You will only need access to a computer. There are some short written assignments, where you will need to enter information into a Word doc; if you use Mac word software, you will need to save as a pdf. There is one "concept" drawing/sketch; you can use AutoCAD or Revit, or simply sketch by hand (drafted or freehand). Any CAD drawings need to be saved a delivered to the Assignment tab as a pdf. Any sketches can be scanned and submitted electronically, or have the hard copy delivered.
The class will have weekly activities, which consist of: review of posted slides, review of appropriate sections of the Zoning and Oregon Structural Speciality Codes, answering quiz questions (from any computer; no need to come to campus), and making a Discussion Post on a given topic (related to the codes).
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg