Introduces lower-advanced level ceramics processes, techniques, and concepts while addressing historical and contemporary issues. Develop a lower-advanced level of creative problem solving and kinetic skills with clay forming and finishing techniques, including hand building, wheel throwing, use of plaster molds, and surface treatments. Includes critiques, discussions, and presentations to establish critical skills necessary to evaluate ceramic works, explore artistic intent, examine aesthetic and structural solutions and expand perceptual awareness. This is the first course of a three-course sequence. Prerequisite: 3 terms of ART 253 or ART 253C or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
Monday and Wednesday
from 1 to 2:50pm
From January 4 through March 17, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 11927
Donna N Cole
Tuition: credit Fees: $18
Course details: CRN 11927
Additional details about this course
The instructor hasn't filled out any details for this course. This includes information about free, open educational class materials and other online class materials, proctored exams and activities, in-person and on-campus activities, technology needs and additional comments.
Contact the Instructor: Donna N Cole for more information. If you don't hear back from your instructor (especially during the summer), you can contact the department at 971-722-7257 (Office) or 971-722-7329 (Dept Chair) .
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.