Examines visual art and architecture as a reflection of human interaction with the socio-political and physical environment. Focuses on viewing, analyzing and comparing many art forms in an historical context, and covers Late Antiquity, Early Christian and Medieval periods, beginning about 500 BCE. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 42051
Susanne E Tringali
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Community-Based Learning Option - www.pcc.edu/cbl
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7257 (Office) or 971-722-7329 (Dept Chair).
Course details: CRN 42051
There is no additional technology required for this class.
The text book can be purchased in e-format or rental, which will allow you to save $. This option will not be available through the PCC bookstore, however.
Option 1: Fred S. Kleiner, et al: Gardner's Art through the Ages, Western Art, 15th Edition, Volume 1,
Option 2: Fred S. Kleiner, et al: Gardner's Art through the Ages, Western Art, 15th Edition, Backpack version, book B
(I will provide the chapters that are not in book B via D2L online reading).
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg