Introduces aesthetic, historical, and critical issues of the visual arts. Presents aspects of drawing, painting, sculpture and craft in terms of experiencing, appreciating and understanding their roles in our lives. The series ART 101, 102, 103 may be taken in any order. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From September 21 through December 9, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 44663
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4264 (Office) or 971-722-8314 (Dept Chair).
Course details: CRN 44663
No textbooks required
For this online class, you will need a device (laptop, tablet, computer) and access to the internet in order to login to the course.
Need technology? PCC can help! Fill out this form to get access to a laptop or Wi-Fi for you to successfully complete the term (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfej8lKqdio8xvnz2Zcwbr2heSIeTTljghDRtkpFxAMABS3LQ/viewform)
Did you know that students also get access to Office 365 (Word, Powerpoint, etc...)? Learn more here: www.pcc.edu/technology/services/office-365/
Further resources, including grant money, healthcare, and support can be found here: www.pcc.edu/coronavirus/information-for-students/
Hello, art enthusiast!
I hope that you are well and safe, and thank you for your dedication to education. I welcome you to join me this term to explore the various asthetic and historical aspects of the visual arts including drawing, painting and sculpture near and far, past and present. Through weekly units, you will gain insight to how and why visual art is created, examine various functions, and relate stylistic and conceptual features to what we see today in contemporary visual culture.
For this course, there is no textbook purchase necessary--readings, articles, and videos will be provided in the weekly units. Along with the provided material, there will be a sketchbook compoenent, short quizzes, and engaging discussion posts, culminating in a creative final project! At the end of the term, you'll be able to recognize and discuss various artistic styles, conent, and contexts, and perhaps recognize some of these artworks: bit.ly/2C2ewUB
Look forward to chatting with you this upcoming term!
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg