Provides introduction and familiarization with communication styles, customs, language and behavior patterns of various cultures, ethnic groups and marginalized populations as employed by and encountered by criminal justice professionals. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From June 22 through September 5, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 31394
Aaron T Olson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5545 (Admin Asst).
Course details: CRN 31394
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Desire 2 Learn Brightspace
There will be weekly reading assignments from the textbook, weekly discussions, weekly quizzes/tests, and one term paper interview assignment. Please obtain your textbook/ebook before the fall term begins. The textbook is available via http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/multicultural-law-enforcement-strategies-for-peacekeeping-9780134849188?xid=PSED (Multicultural Law Enforcement - Strategies for Peacekeeping in a Diverse Society, 7th edition by Pearson) or through any online vendor or the PCC Bookstore. The syllabus will be available on Desire 2 Learn Brightspace when the term begins. I look forward to being your instructor. Aaron T. Olson, M.Ed contact information: Email: email@example.com Phone: 971-409-8135 Web: www.atolson.com
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg