Develops skills for indexing, coding, and cross-referencing documents to be filed. Includes requisitions and charge-outs, records transfer, various filing systems, and an overall view of the role of records management in business including electronic and image records. Recommended: RD 115; WR 115; and CAS 133 or CAS 140. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From June 22 through August 29, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 33231
Joni K Meisner
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7770 (Office).
Course details: CRN 33231
Online publisher materials
This course will utilize the MindTap learning platform. A code is requried to acccess MindTap and can purchased through the PCC bookstore. MindTap comes with an interactive eBook for this course, so a hard copy of the textbook is not required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Students will be required to use Microsoft Access to complete assignments and use PowerPoint to view chapter presentations.
A working knowledge of Microsoft Access is required for this class.
While the eBook provides interactive learning activities, students who prefer a paper copy of the book may also want to consider renting or purchasing a used copy of the textbook to use in conjunction with the eBook (not in place of), which can be found at multiple sites online. Textbookrentals.com provides a comparison of various sites for rentals and used book purchases. You will need to use the following ISBN to locate the textbook online:
A paper copy of the book is not required, but is an option to supplement the eBook provided in MindTap. Students are still required to purchase the MindTap code even if they purchase or rent a hard copy of the textbook.
Students are required to log into the course on the first day of the term. There are several required orientation activities that must be completed during this first week.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg