Introduces the creation of professional graphic images using Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw and Bridge. Includes image resolution, file formats, copyright issues, and using various tools and features. Recommended: CAS 133 or equivalent file management skills. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From June 22 through August 29, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 31214
Linda M Wettengel
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
Notes: Photoshop CC 2020.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-4096.
Course details: CRN 31214
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Students must have access to the current version of Adobe Photoshop CC (2020) to complete assignments. The software DOES NOT come with the course or the textbook. There are several options to access the software, including:
- Purchase a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud directly at adobe.com (http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/students.edu.html?).
- Purchase a subscription through the PCC bookstore (http://www.pcc.edu/resources/bookstore/software.html).
Note: Not available until further notice: Come to one of the PCC computer labs to work on assignments on a Mac or PC. Visit Computer Labs (http://www.pcc.edu/resources/computer-labs/) for hours and locations.
Note: Not available until further notice: Use the software at a PCC Library on a Mac or PC (Sylvania, Cascade, Rock Creek, or Southeast Campus). Check the Library hours (http://www.pcc.edu/library/about/spaces/hours/).
This course is self-paced. Students complete all assignments in order and may finish the course early, if desired.
Students must complete three Enrollment Guarantee assignments by Thursday of Week 1 or be dropped from the course. These assignments are brief and do not require Photoshop or the textbook.
I hope you enjoy your course!
Linda Wettengel, Instructor
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg