Introduces the basic features of Microsoft PowerPoint, producing multimedia slideshows for presentations to be delivered on a projection system, personal computer, or automated to run independently on a kiosk. Explores informational, educational, business, and personal presentations. Includes animations, transitions, and designs. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From June 22 through July 24, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 30054
Hallie S Puncochar
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
Notes: Class meets June 22 - July 24. PowerPoint 2019
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7770 (Office).
Course details: CRN 30054
Online publisher materials
Labyrinth Learning -- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 & 365:
Level 1 - ISBN-13: 978-1-64061-137-5
This is a low-cost eBook, with supplement videos.
Purchase the eBook directly from the publisher. Make sure you click on the e-book option for the cheapest price - $25.
(PCC Bookstores do carry code as well. The price may vary.)
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
USB Flash storage device (at least 1gb) - if you will be using anything other than your own personal computer.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
(The text is written for PowerPoint 2019 - Office 365 - All students must have access to this version of the software. If you do not have the software, download it for free at the following Office 365 link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office/default.aspx)
- Adobe Reader
You must have a computer with high speed connection to the Internet.
Headphones or speakers
Note this course is a one-credit section, that defaults as a Pass/No Pass grade. You must change your grade option by 5 p.m. the first day of class.
Please be advised that students who do not attend/check-in by 5 p.m. the first day of class will be recorded as a “No Show” and dropped from the roster unless I have been notified in advance of the absence by email. Again, it's a mandatory check-in by 5 p.m. June 22, 2020.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg