Covers basic financial concepts and practices and includes analysis of company resources, types and sources of financing, forecasting and planning methods, and the roles of the money and capital markets. Recommended: BA 212, MTH 60. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From June 22 through August 15, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 33419
Jeff A Edwards
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-8326.
Course details: CRN 33419
Online publisher materials
This course will utilize the MyFinanceLab homework manager system, which will require an access code. If you purchase a new text from the PCC bookstore the access code will be included. Otherwise, you can purchase an access code direct from the publisher (instructions will be provided on the D2L course site).
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Each week I will present (on the D2L site) a brief video introducing the material to be covered that week.
You can view the Syllabus and Course Calendar for all of my courses on my web site. Here is the url: https://www.pcc.edu/staff/index.cfm/403,html
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg