Covers basic technique and theory of vocal proficiency necessary to develop individual ability in solo or ensemble settings. Includes the application of breath support, projection, phrasing, and musical styles to support individual voices in solo repertoire. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
Tuesday and Thursday
from 10 to 11:50am
From June 23 through August 13, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 32901
Tuition: credit Fees: $6
Course details: CRN 32901
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
This class meets through the Zoom video conference platform online. You will need a microphone and a way to open PDF files and play audio files. A webcam is STRONGLY encouraged, but not necessary.
This class is for all levels of singing, and experience. You do not have to read music to be in this class, and there is no audition requirement. It's a wonderful way to "get your feet wet" if you've ever wanted to explore singing. We have had students who have never sung in front of people before, and that's okay!
All class meetings will be from 10:00-11:50 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, all through Zoom. In addition, the instructor will be giving multiple individual coachings to each student throughout the term to improve their own singing and performance abilities.
This is a participation and performance-based class. Attendance is a must for a good grade. Both the midterm and final are solo performances in front of your peers, but they are very low-pressure, and you will be able to sing a song of your own choice.
Classes are very positive and welcoming towards all students, regardless of musical genre and experience. Other assignments will include a few quizzes on assigned readings, as well as short analyses of your songs.
We will also be using "Cantabile Voice Class" by Katharin Rundus as our textbook. It is a short, but wonderful resource to explore various aspects of singing. It costs less than $20 dollars. Sheet music will be provided by instructor.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.