Examines essential strategies and methods for managing projects. Applies concepts to creating model projects using a step-by-step methodology, building project charters, and developing overall project plans. Explores incorporating projects into strategic growth objectives, using project management tools, and demonstrating project presentation skills. This course is the foundation course of the Project Management series that includes CAS 220, CIS 245, and BA 255. Project Management is a broad term that can include many areas of a business. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From January 6 through March 21, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 13123
Mark J VanHeuvel
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
Notes: 971-722-6147. $20 fee.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6031 or 971-722-6148 or 971-722-6147 (Dept Chair).
Course details: CRN 13123
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
A copy of Your Winning Project in PDF format is included in this project management class online. No purchase of a textbook is required.
The following 1 credit courses are excellent support for managing projects.
MSD 174 Time Management; Time Management is an excellent addition to this course as time management and project management support each other.
MSD 159 Stress Control; Managing projects involves meeting established deadlines and managing resources with often numerous stakeholder groups.
MSD 116 Creative Thinking for Innovative Change; Creative problem solving is often a needed skillset for project managers in a global environment.
Please check the class schedule at www.pcc.edu/schedule/default.cfm