Examines various concepts in understanding and successfully managing difficult behavior in a diverse workplace environment. Explores strengths and weaknesses of various behavioral/conflict styles and self-assessment instruments measuring individual approaches to relationships and conflicts. Includes specific techniques in dealing with difficult encounters to enhance workplace relationships. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From January 20 through February 21, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 14620
Rebecca W Robinson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
Notes: Class meets 1/20-2/21 online
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6031 or 971-722-6148 or 971-722-6147 (Dept Chair).
Course details: CRN 14620
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
No textbooks required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Technology includes some YouTube videos and numerous web sites.
Students will share resources found via the PCC library online as well as on the web.
You'll enjoy this self-reflective class. Find out who really is the difficult employee! Learn some coping strategies to deal with some of the obvious "types" of difficult people. Make a plan you can use to try some strategies with your difficult person. And have some fun with the rest of us as we learn more about how to get along in life.
All the learning materials for this course are provided in the weekly instructor notes, links to articles and websites, and from the PCC Library online. There is no textbook to purchase.
This is a five week class that starts later in the term, so be sure to mark your calendar!