Covers preparation for an entry-level systems administrator position utilizing Microsoft server operating systems. Focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary to design, install, configure, and administer an enterprise network using Microsoft Active Directory, including implementing Group Policies to centrally manage users and computers. Prerequisites: CIS 240M or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From January 6 through March 21, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 12217
Robert K McMillen
Tuition: credit Fees: $32.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4461 or 971-722-4096.
Course details: CRN 12217
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
We will use Windows Server 2016 stadnard and Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise. You will need at least 8 GBs of RAM on your laptop, but 16 GBs is preferred. You can also purchase an SSD drive from the bookstore and use a PCC lab computer instead.
There will be many walk through videos during this course that will assist you in the labs. Be sure to use them as they will really help in lieu of being in a classroom.