Introduces user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design for the web. Covers gathering requirements, research, project management and user-centric design concepts to produce HTML and CSS web pages that display accurately on any web-supported device. Includes the creation of user personas, content inventories, mood boards, and low and high fidelity wireframes. Covers web standards for color management, design principles, and usability best practices. Prerequisite: CAS 110, CAS 206. Prerequisite/concurrent: CAS 215. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From June 24 through August 31, 2019
|Textbooks for CRN 31739
Anwar R Montasir
Tuition: credit Fees: $32.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7770 (Office).
Course details: CRN 31739
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
• REQUIRED - An FTP client such as Filezilla (free)
• REQUIRED - A plain text editor for working with HTML and CSS, such as Brackets, Atom, or Visual Studio Code (all free)
• REQUIRED - Access to a word processing software program such as Google Docs (free) or Microsoft Word.
• REQUIRED - Access to a spreadsheet software program such as Google Sheets (free) or Microsoft Excel.
• REQUIRED - A graphic design program, such as Figma (free) or Adobe Photoshop.