Introduces user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design for the web. Covers gathering requirements, research, project management and user-centric design concepts to produce HTML and CSS web pages that display accurately on any web-supported device. Includes the creation of user personas, content inventories, mood boards, and low and high fidelity wireframes. Covers web standards for color management, design principles, and usability best practices. Prerequisite: CAS 110, CAS 206. Prerequisite/concurrent: CAS 215. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From January 6 through March 21, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 15230
Juan M Maldonado
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7770 (Office).
Course details: CRN 15230
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
This course includes some Youtube videos of the instructor doing some of the homework components and may require headphones.
Other software for this course will be made available for students to download for free on the first day of class and can be used on Windows 8+ and the latest Mac OS.
This course also requires an active Web Hosting for Students account. If you still have an active subscription to Web Hosting for Students from another class, you can continue to use that existing subscription for this and all your CAS-prefix courses that require web hosting.
This instructor's no show policy takes effect if you do not log in to the Desire2Learn shell for this course and create an introductory post in the Discussion forum by the first Friday of the quarter. You will be dropped immediately from the course if this post is not created.