Introduces the basic features of Microsoft PowerPoint, producing multimedia slideshows for presentations to be delivered on a projection system, personal computer, or automated to run independently on a kiosk. Explores informational, educational, business, and personal presentations. Includes animations, transitions, and designs. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From June 24 through July 20, 2019
|Textbooks for CRN 30063
Hallie S Puncochar
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
Notes: Class meets June 24 - July 20. PowerPoint 2016.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7770 (Office).
Course details: CRN 30063
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Online publisher materials
Labyrinth Learning -- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016: Level 1
(This textbook can be purchased at the PCC Bookstore.)
This is an ebook! We have specifically selected this book because it covers the subject well, there are embedded videos and it saves you money.
If you do not need to purchase your books from the PCC bookstore, you may be able to purchase the book for less money directly from the publisher.
Make sure you click on the e-book option for the cheapest price. http://www.lablearning.com/PowerPoint-2016-level1.html?sc=37&category=69938
If you absolutely need a paper book, you can purchase it from the publisher. http://www.lablearning.com/PowerPoint-2016-textbook-L1.html. But, we do NOT recommend that you do that. You will spend more money -- for less resources.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
USB Flash storage device (at least 1gb) - if you will be using anything other than your own personal computer.
This course is written for Microsoft PowerPoint 2016. All students must have access to this version of the software. If you do not have this software, look here - Office 365 link - for instructions on how to download it for free: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office/default.aspx
You must have a computer with high speed connection to the Internet.
Headphones or speakers