Introduces basic concepts of creating simple web pages with HTML. Develops knowledge of working with HTML tags using a text editor, and file transfer Protocol (FTP) using an FTP application. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; CAS 103 or CAS 133 or equivalent file management experience. Note: Students pursuing a web certificate or degree should take CAS 206. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: online: hybrid:
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From June 24 through August 31, 2019
|Textbooks for CRN 30411
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
Notes: Class runs for 10 weeks. HTML5
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4393 or 971-722-4287.
Course details: CRN 30411
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
No textbooks required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Minimum Computer and Internet Access Requirements
An understanding of your computer operating system
An understanding of computer file management and the ability to:
find, copy, and move files identify file name extensions
A PC running Windows 7, or higher (Pentium or equivalent processor at 166 MHz or better) OR a Macintosh system 10 or better. (Other Operating Systems may be used as long as they can run Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher. PCC's D2L Help Desk or Student Support Desk will not be able to support users of these Operating Systems.)
If your computer can run a current version of a web browser, then you're set.
64 MB of RAM and at least 50 MB of available disk space for assignments
Modem or other device capable of connecting to the Internet at a speed of at least 56 kbps or better.
An ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Virus software installed and kept up to date.
Email account and a text editing software program
You will need a text editor to write the HTML for this course. The preferred editor for both MAC and PC is Adobe Brackets: http://brackets.io/. It's free. You are welcome to use another text editor but your instructor may or may not be able to provide support for other text editors.
You will need a File Transfer Protocol program (FTP) to upload files from your computer to a web server. The preferred FTP program for both MAC and PC is FileZilla: https://filezilla-project.org/. It's free. You are welcome to use another FTP program but your instructor may or may not be able to provide support for other FTP programs.
Welcome to CAS 106!
You must login and complete the assignment due by Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 9 p.m. to maintain your enrollment in the course. You will have instructions for this first assignment once you log in.
The class will be available by 8 a.m., Monday, June 24, 2019.