Covers the past, present, and future influences on the delivery of healthcare. Presents the organizations and patient care settings where services are received. Introduces the financing, regulation, technology advances, and the trends in quality and patient safety for healthcare organizations and professionals. Covers the use of an electronic health record (EHR). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|17535||Web||—||—||07-Jan-2019 thru 23-Mar-2019||Textbooks for CRN 17535|
Instructor: Bonnie M Altus
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5667 (Admissions).
Course details: CRN 17535
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
No textbooks required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
This class requires a subscription to the EHR Go academic electronic health record software. This software subscription is available through the bookstore or through EHRGo.com and is a web-based program.
This section of the class is open to any student interested. It is the only class in the HIM program that non-majors are allowed to take. The class will give you a broad understanding of how healthcare works and the changes you can expect to see in the near future because of increasing technology capabilities. You will also become familiar with the information collected and entered into your electronic medical record in a clinic setting and how it is used from the time of scheduling an appointment thorugh the billing process.
If you have any trouble registering, contacting the instructor at email@example.com and provide your PCC G# to get an override.
This course is for you if you want to learn more about how the healthcare system works and what the clinic does with the information you provide them that is entered into their computer system. It is also for you if you are thinking about applying to the HIM program at PCC and want to try out a class, or want a good foundation in how healthcare works before entering another healthcare career area.