Covers the collection, retrieval, analysis and quality review of administrative and clinical information and data. Corequisite: HIM 286. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|40841||Web||—||—||24-Sep-2018 thru 15-Dec-2018||Textbooks for CRN 40841|
Instructor: Bonnie M Altus
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5667 (Admissions).
Course details: CRN 40841
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
The instructor will offer optional online office hours and short live lectures. A microphone will be needed if you wish to participate. The Office suite is recommended for all HIM courses.
This course is ONLY open to students formally admitted to the HIM program at PCC. Nearly every course in the HIM program uses the textbook, "Health Information Technology Management: An Applied Approach" 5th Edition. This is also an important textbook for reviewing and preparing for the RHIT exam. It is published by AHIMA and it is recommended that you purchase, rather than rent, this book. That book is optional for this class. It is also recommended that you become a student member of AHIMA since there are many valuable resources in the Body of Knowledge to reference while you prepare for, and begin, your career as an HIM professional. You will also receive a discount on OrHIMA conferences, books published by AHIMA and the RHIT exam.