Introduces the concept of health information management and health informatics including the components of content, use and structure of healthcare data along with information keeping practices in both paper and electronic systems. Corequisite: HIM 120. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|44606||Web||—||—||24-Sep-2018 thru 15-Dec-2018||Textbooks for CRN 44606|
Instructor: Judy L Bryan
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5667 (Admissions).
Course details: CRN 44606
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
There may be videos that you need to watch so please make sure you have the ability to watch and listen to videos.
Please make sure to hold onto the required textbook in this course for the whole duration of the HIM program as the textbook is used in other classes and is a good resource to study for the RHIT exam upon completion of the program.
Should you want to become a student AHIMA member, you can purchase a bundle package of the required textbook along with the AHIMA student membership fee. This will give you access to purchase future textbooks and other AHIMA resources at a discount rate, which may be cheaper than the school bookstore. Please refer to the PCC bookstore link for a complete description of required and/or optional textbooks and resources. Note that typically distance learning textbooks are purchased through the Sylvania Campus bookstore. Please double check Sylvania and Cascade Bookstores for purchases.
The required textbook ISBN ends with ...5177. The optional bundle package that includes the textbook and AHIMA student membership fee ends with .....4880.
Another optional resource that was not included in the bookstore, but can be purchased on the AHIMA website is the Pocket Glossary of Health Information Management and Technology, fifth edition. ISBN is 9781584265832.