Introduces basic pharmacology principles and medicine classifications. Covers pharmacologic terminology and concepts such as drug categories, mechanism of drug action, drug forms, and routes of administration. Introduces generic and proprietary names of drugs prescribed for common diseases and disorders. Pharmacology is an integral part of every aspect of health careers and this course is recommended for any individual with a health career objective. Prerequisites: MP 111 and (BI 122 or BI 233). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This Pharmacology class is entirely online and no campus/testing center visits are required. This course uses PCC's Learning Management Software, Desire2Learn (D2L). Please watch for an email from me about one week before class starts. This will give you all the info you need to get started on the first day. Please don't hesitate to email me directly if you have any questions or concerns about the class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook for this class is Understanding Pharmacology for Health Professionals, 5th Edition, by Susan Turley. Please make sure you get the 5th Edition as it has just recently been released.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|16007 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Stephanie F Karr
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade