Covers practical procedures, techniques and safety precautions used while operating fire apparatus. Includes fire apparatus inspection and preventative maintenance, driving laws and policies, specific to the apparatus operator maneuver a vehicle, and apparatus positioning. Prerequisite: FP 112. Corequisite: FP 232. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello all, let me introduce myself. My name is Tom Crowder, I am a retired Captain from Clackamas Fire. I have spent 34 years in the fire service and the last 7 years teaching for PCC. This online course will cover what it takes to be an Apparatus Operator in the Fire Service. We will be using the IFSTA text 'Pumping Apparatus Driver/Operator Handbook' second edition. You will NOT need the workbook. The online course consist of narrated PowerPoints, videos, NIOSH reports, discussions, quizzes and exams. Because this is an online course, there will be a hands on driving component in the Corequisite FP 232 course. Each quiz is 10 multiple choice questions and the mid-term is 50 multiple choice questions and the final is 100 multiple choice questions. There are no unusual software or computer requirements for this course. Thanks and enjoy! Captain Crowder
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Covers practical procedures, techniques and safety precautions used while operating fire apparatus. Includes fire apparatus inspection and preventative maintenance, driving laws and policies, specific to the apparatus operator maneuver a vehicle, and apparatus positioning. Prerequisite: FP 112. Corequisite: FP 232.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|34279 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 05-Sep-2015|
Instructor: Tom T Crowder
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade