FP121 Fire Behavior and Combustion
Explores the theories and fundamentals of how and why fires start, spread, and how they are controlled. Covers the process of combustion, fire dynamics in a compartment, dynamics of extreme fire behavior and reading smoke. Prerequisites: WR 115 and MTH 60. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- In this course you will be required to read, complete experiments, review videos, take weekly quizzes and exams, participate in discussions and complete a term project. This course investigates fire dynamics and compartment fire behavior. 20% of the total grade will be based on weekly reading and quiz scores. 20% of the total grade will be based on weekly participation in discussions 20% of the total grade will be based on mid term exam performance. 20% of total grade will be based on final exam performance 20% of the total grade will be based on the Term Project
- Course Specific Requirements:
- PCC FP Uniform or (agency uniform if affiliated and on duty) required if class is on campus. Text Book: 'Fire Behavior and Combustion Processes' by Raymond Shackelford available the the Cascade Campus Bookstore.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||28514||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 12-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Ed D Lindsey
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade