Introduces the literature of the land which is now the United States from before European contact through the mid-nineteenth century. Revolves around written manifestations of the various interests, preoccupations, and experiences of the peoples creating and recreating American culture. Considers various literary forms, canonized (such as novel, narrative poem), popular (such as the serialized tale, verse) and unpublished (the jeremiad, Native American oratory, the slave narrative, diary).Prerequisite: WR 115 and RD 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is a 4-credit online course. It requires a large amount of reading: we cover 300 years of American literature in multiple genres, over a compressed eight-week term. Students will be expected to spend at least 15 hours per week reading and preparing essays, in addition to time spent online participating in discussions. To succeed in an online course, students must be independent learners and self-disciplined. No in-person testing is required for this course. Face-to-face conferences with the instructor can be arranged by appointment.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. Students should have regular access to a reliable internet connection and be able to create and revise documents in Microsoft Word.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|34356 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 15-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Mary M Sylwester
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek