Introduces existing technologies used within a library, including library catalogs and integrated library systems. Explores computer hardware, software, applications, and other library equipment. Develops basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills. Examines assistive technologies. Prerequisites: CAS 133 and ED 113. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Andrea Bullock email@example.com Please feel free to contact me via email if you have questions.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook for this class is: Burke, J.J. (2013). Neal-Schuman library technology companion: A basic guide for library staff. (4th.ed.). New York, NY: Neal-Schuman. Textbook ISBN-13: 978-1-55570-915-0 It will be available in the Sylvania bookstore.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|44470 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Andrea E Bullock
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade