This course explores the use of developmentally and culturally appropriate practices in creating physical and social environments and curriculum for children six weeks to six years in home or center-based programs. Theories of play and early care and education are employed to plan and implement environments and curriculum for children. Students plan, implement, and evaluate environments and curriculum for young children. Prerequisite: ECE 122. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Course Text is located at the Sylvania Campus Bookstore.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Site visits required to local early care and education settings to complete assignments. The site must be a licensed child care program serving children anywhere between the ages of birth-five. Two, one hour site observations, and one hour observation/interview of a program implementing one of a series of curriculum. 3 hours total
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|44791 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Jamie H Rodrick
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania