Provides an overview of correctional facilities including prisons, jails, treatment and work release facilities. Introduces the effects of incarceration on inmates and their adaptive strategies. Introduces various intervention modalities and reintegration programs back into the community. Prerequisites: CJA 113 and WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is designed to provide the student with a comprehensive understanding of the major operational components required to successfully manage a safe and secure correctional facility. The text required for this class is 'Prison and Jail Operation, Practice and Theory,' 3rd Ed., by Peter M. Carlson. Note that this text is also used for CJA 264-Prison Administration.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The student should have successfully completed CJA 113, Introduction to Corrections, and WR 121 or its equivalent.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|44348 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Chuck H Seeley
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade