Explores early 20th century revolutions in science and technology, psychology and philosophy. Examines and analyzes the visual arts to reveal some effects of those changes, and to gain insight into our modern world. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
In ART212, we study Modern Art made between 1900 and 1945. This online class mostly involves looking at art, reading, writing, written discussion, and two long/short-answer quizzes. As part of class we will look at early 20th century art face-to-face! ;) We will visit the Portland Art Museum as a group, or you may visit on your own. If you live in a different part of the world, I will work with you to find early 20th century art to view and to share with the class.
See below for the course requirements, and email me if you have questions: email@example.com
I look forward to working with you,
- Course Specific Requirements:
WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores.
H.H.H. Arnason, Elizabeth Mansfield. History of Modern Art, Volume 1. Pearson/Prentice Hall, 7th edition, 2013. ISBN-10: 0205259480; ISBN-13: 9780205259489.
Purchase a year-long Portland Art Museum College Pass ($15 for pass valid with PCC student ID; or $12 for one student entry; purchase at Portland Art Museum). Or, we may be able to attend on a Free 4th Friday evening.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|45764 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Elizabeth A Bilyeu
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade