Introduces the music of Latin America through a historical and cultural survey of the region. Covers pre-Columbian practices and the introduction of European traditions, later syncretic genres and contemporary artists. Traces Native, European, African, Asian and Middle-Eastern influences. Includes the examination of instruments and musical practices of the region. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The text used in this class is a custom copy of 'The Garland Handbook of Latin American Music', 2e. The first edition will work as well. You can either purchase a used copy of this text or purchase the custom copy available at the Sylvania campus bookstore. The custom copy includes only selected chapters from the text, the ones we will actually be using.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Please be sure to get your textbook ASAP - you will need if to complete the work in the online modules.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|45022 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: John C Mery
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania