Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Creating enhanced Tooltips
- Making a FAQ page
- Building an interactive navigation menu
- Displaying photos using lightboxes, slideshows and sliders
- Enhancing responsive designs with jQuery
- Creating zoomable images
- Creating sortable data tables
- Creating special effects while scrolling
- Adding special effects to forms.
The focus of the class is on taking pre-written code and how to modify it for use in your website, rather than the details of the programming. You can go deeper into the code in this class if you choose, but it is not required.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- PREREQUISITES: CAS 215 or instructor permission. You are expected to be very comfortable creating CSS from scratch (without using a tool that creates it for you), creating a web page with HTML, uploading pages with FTP, creating a web site consisting of multiple pages with links, images, tables, and forms using a web page editor such as Dreamweaver (or pure HTML). This class will be very difficult for you if you do not have this experience.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|41188 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Ron S Bekey
Notes: For additional class info see http://spot.pcc.edu/~rbekey
Tuition: credit Fees: $12.00
For information, contact Sylvania