Covers music of the post-Romantic era and the 20th century. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
Please introduce yourself in Discussion by Wednesday of the first week of class, or you will be dropped to allow wait students entry.
Intro to Music and its Literature focuses on 20th century music, Impressionism, Expressionism, Neo-Classicism, New Romanticism, Minimalism, and highlights popular music traditions of the 20th century, including musical theater, blues, jazz, global music, and rock and roll. Prerequisite: Writing and Reading placement test scores above 44, or WR 115. Basic computer skills recommended.
There will be quizzes every week, study guide assignments, musical terms to define, listening assignments, and class bulletin board responses. The quizzes are used as a learning tool, therefore you may re-take them with the highest score being recorded. The Mid Term and Final Exam can be taken only 1 time and are timed. You will be required to write a Term Project on a topic of your choice (4-8 pages) and complete a Musical Experience which may include listening to a CD, watching a TV program or attending a live concert sometime during the quarter.
All communication for this course takes place using Desire To Learn D2L.
To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- PC/Mac users will need speakers, the ability to play MP3 files, and FLASH media.
Homework assignments are to be done with Microsoft Word for PC or Mac. Acceptable files include: .doc .docx or .rtf.
Use Firefox as your browser
Enjoyment of Music 12th Edition Hardcover , Norton 2015 ISBN: 9780393936377
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|20384 WEB »||-||28-Mar-2016 thru 11-Jun-2016|
Instructor: Judy L Cervetto Hedberg
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek