Examines principles and practices of effective leadership. Explores strategies for developing organizational visions, communicating with clear meaning, developing trust through collaboration, creating the learning organization, and sharing leadership through empowerment. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|20302||Web||—||—||02-Apr-2018 thru 16-Jun-2018||Textbooks for CRN 20302|
Instructor: Rebecca W Robinson
Notes: 971-722-6147. $20 fee.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6146 or 971-722-6147 (Dept Chair).
Course details: CRN 20302
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Technology includes some YouTube videos and numerous web sites, including the Leadership Challenge website.
Students will share resources found via the PCC library online as well as on the web. Students will use a minimum of 4 resources in completing a project or paper.
Prepare to move your leadership effectiveness up a notch or two through discussions and activities. You'll examine key leadership actions and attitudes, strategies for self and other motivation, and you'll develop and act on action plans to build your skills.
We are using two books:
1. Soul, Salsa and Spirit: Leadership for a Multicultural Age, by Juana Bordas
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers; 2 edition (March 26, 2012)
2. The Leadership Challenge by James Kouzes and Barry Posner, Jossey Bass publisher, 2016 (6th edition).
It's a popular book that you might be able to pick up in a commercial bookstore. Make sure you have the current fifth or sixth edition. Older editions won't work for the course because the authors make many changes in each addition.
As an alternative, you can use the ebook through the library. The library link is:
These books can be used by an unlimited number of users at once online, sections can be printed (though different books have different limitations), and they can be downloaded for offline use for limited loan periods.