Provides an overview of the history and current issues in the field for K-12 education including the impact of philosophy on practice. Prerequisites: RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to ED 224DL - Foundations of Education! This course provides students with an overview of the history and current issues in the field for K-12 education. Each of the ten learning modules consist of lectures, textbook and other reading assignments, and in some modules - videos. These resources provide you with the content materials needed to complete your written work and for active participation in the discussions. There are specific due dates for weekly assignments, and as well as for the final papers. While there are no fixed times each week that students will need to 'attend' or access the online course, setting aside specific times to read the materials and to participate in the course will help you to stay on track as we move from one module to the next. Expect to login at least three times each week to work on the modules, to check email, discussion messages, news announcements, and to participate in discussions. This course is required by most teacher preparation programs. This is an online course.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook: Ornstein, Allan C., Daniel U. Levine, Gerald L. Gutek, David E. Vocke. Foundations of Education, 12th edition. Houghton Mifflin Co., 2014. This textbook is quite comprehensive and will be a major source of information for the on-line version of this course. This online course is accessed through Desire2Learn, which is the Learning Management Software that PCC uses to deliver online courses. You will find the Desire2Learn login link on the left side of your MyPCC homepage. Course Prerequisites: RD 115, WR 115 or consent of Instructor.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|41774 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Samuel A May-Varas
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade