Introduces the design, uses, and terminology of a database management system. Includes data modeling using Entity Relationship modeling tools and Semantic Object modeling tools, normalization rules, relational database terminology, program/query development, multi-user database issues (including the Internet) and data administration. Prerequisite: CIS 133B or CIS 133N or CIS 133J or CIS 133W or CIS 195P or CS 161 or CIS 125D or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Summer term is short so be prepared for a fast-paced class. CIS275 uses the David Kroenke text, Database Processing: Fundamentals, Design & Implementation. ** Please have a headset for the D2L online room. You need the ability to talk, listen, and watch via the D2L online room (aka Collaborate). The Sylvania bookstore sells headsets at a very reasonable price (under $10) **
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Both distance and on-campus students use D2L for class access. This course uses Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and requires MS SQL Server Management Studio. Information on this will be available shortly after class begins.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30091 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 20-Aug-2016|
Instructor: Vicki J Jonathan
Notes: SQL Server 2012
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania