Builds upon previous computer and business knowledge to create individual and group projects using software found in today's workplace. Uses integrated software (i.e. MS Office) and current technology to further develop professional software skills. Prerequisite: CAS 216 and CAS 170 or instructor permission. Recommended: CAS 109, CAS 140, CAS 171, and CAS 217. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
Hello and welcome to the CAS 246 - Integrated Computer Projects.
Integrated Computer Projects is a class designed to help you plan, create and present projects integrating various software applications. You will use prior knowledge and critical thinking processes to solve unfamiliar business-related problems.
You will find this class different from other computer application classes you have taken. There will not be as much step-by-step instruction. Of course, no one expects you to already know all of the things that you will be asked to do in this class. You will be expected to be able to look things up and to combine your skills in unexpected ways, to explore unfamiliar applications and to use available resources to research techniques that you may find unfamiliar.
This can be an exciting way to learn but there are requirements. This is not a self-paced class. There are specific assignments and due dates. There will be partner and team assignments. You must log-in several times each week and be prepared to be an active participant.
This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: online.pcc.edu and select our class from the list in the middle of the page.
If the class is filled please email the instructor, Noreen Brown email@example.com
- Course Specific Requirements:
There is no required text for this class.
This course is written for MS Office and MS windows. All students must have access to this software for completion of class assignments - either by purchasing it (subscribing) for your personal computer, or making time to visit the PCC computer lab.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|40554 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Noreen N Brown
Notes: Integrated Community-Based Learning - www.pcc.edu/cbl
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade