PSY213 Intro Behav Neuroscience
Surveys the role of the brain and nervous system in behavior, psychological functioning, and neurophysiological processes that underlie human development. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores, and PSY 201A or one year of biology. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The assignments in the this course are based on what we know about how the brain learns. The course is writing intensive (not formal term paper writing). You will be putting into your language all that you learn and share it with others. The class becomes a learning team. There are no tests, quizzes or exams. It is a difficult class because we are learning about the most complex organ in the universe (it is sits on top of your shoulders). Grading is primarily on effort, putting in the work each week of the term.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There is a required text you will be asked to get used. Students will receive an e mail aprox two weeks before class starts with the text options. The first option is 'Biopsychology' by Pinel. An ability to search the web for high validity sources on the brain is at the center of the class. You will be given much guidance on this. At first it will take time as you learn to navigate but it will get faster over time.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||26895||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 13-Jun-2015|
Instructor: John L Olmsted
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania