HST105 Hist of India & S. Asia Region
Introduces the history of India and the South Asian region. Includes political, diplomatic, economic, social, religious, and cultural themes from pre-history to modern times. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is not a work-at-your-own-pace online class. It is arranged chronologically and employs a modular design where each week is a distinct module. The course weeks each run from Monday-Sunday and future weeks cannot be accessed (although the system will release the following week's module on the Friday before the week begins to give you a chance to get a jump start on the material if you wish). Students in this course are expected to keep up with the required SarDesai textbook reading, to do the reading in a detailed way with active note taking using the provided study guides, and to enter the course no fewer than 3 times a week to participate in weekly discussions, work on the modules, and check email/course announcements. The course is fully online. No campus attendance is required. The course grade is based on weekly discussions, a midterm and final exam, and a final paper in which you analyze a scholarly study.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The following book is required and is available through the PCC Sylvania Campus bookstore (as well as many online vendors): SarDesai, D.R. India: The Definitive History. Westview Press (2008) ISBN: 0813343526
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||14183||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Jeffer B Daykin
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek