ED123 Instruct. Strategies: Reading
Introduces components of the reading process and techniques for teaching reading to kindergarten through grade 8 students. Includes assessment and methods for teaching students with special needs. Prerequisites: WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This teacher education course requires that you work with a child for some activities and assessments to met the course objectives. Please contact the instructor for help finding a child to work with, if needed. Course learning Outcomes: The student will be able to: 1) Apply current research-based strategies in the following six areas to assist K-12 students in learning to read: a. Concepts of Print b. Phonemic Awareness c. Alphabetic Understandings d. Vocabulary e. Comprehension f. Fluency 2)Use current research-based diagnostic procedures to determine appropriate instructional level, monitor progress, and determine effectiveness of instruction in each of the above areas. 3)Select and deliver reading motivation activities.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||11050||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Grace E Windsheimer
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade