Provides information and techniques for personal responsibility as a means for creating college success. Introduces developing skills for navigating a culturally diverse learning environment and utilizing college resources and services. First course in a series (CG 101-103). Completion of CG 101-102-103 is equivalent to CG 100. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|24140||Web||—||—||09-Apr-2018 thru 05-May-2018||Textbooks for CRN 24140|
Instructor: Carey V Larson
Notes: Must pass w/C or better to receive tuition waiver.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7300.
Course details: CRN 24140
- Skip Downing's On Course: Strategies for Creating Success in College and in Life (7th Edition): ISBN 978-1-3053625-8-1
- Skip Downing's On Course: Strategies for Creating Success in College and in Life (8th Edition): ISBN 978-1-3059257-7-1
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
The only special technologies used in this course are YouTube videos. All videos linked in this course include closed captioning. Headphones or external speakers aren't required but recommended.
You will need to have access to a word processing program that allows you to save files in the following formats: .docx, .doc, .pdf, or .rtf. PCC provides you with a Google Drive account which includes access to Google Docs. Google Docs allows you to create, save and share files in appropriate formats.
This is an accelerated course that only meets for 4 weeks. This means that the work load will be double what would be expected from a course that meets for the entire term. You can expect to spend four to six hours a week completing course requirements. Please take a close look at all your commitments during the time this course meets to determine if you have the time to stay connected and complete course requirements.
You can also view generic copies of the course syllabus and calendar for this course:
We will be using the On Course text book in this course. You can choose either the 7th or 8th edition:
We will not be using the MindTap subscription for this course, so I encourage you to look for used copies of the text that do not include it.