Examines shamanism as it is practiced in various cultures around the world. Students will be introduced to the shamanic cosmologies, values and world views of different tribal societies and use participant-observation to explore different styles of shamanic journeying. Core shamanism and the interface of shamanism and modern medicine and psychotherapy will be explored. Prerequisite: WR 121 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores, and ATH 103 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|46941 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Mary M Courtis
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania