AD278 Practicum Prep
Provides student with the opportunity to demonstrate facility with the documentation required for the A/D practicum course, and develop an individualized plan for success in practicum. Prerequisite/Concurrent: AD 101, AD 102, AD 150, AD 151, and WR 121. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course is six weeks and moves very quickly. It is designed to teach you everything you need to know to search for practicum sites. Please attend the mandatory Saturday class (fist week of the term), bring materials to take notes; the rest of the course is conducted online. On Saturday we will have two lectures one on resume writing and interviewing as well as complete the ethics and measles forms, personal verification of sobriety and criminal background check. There is no textbook as all material is in the D2L class. By week six you will need to have registered for ACCBO which costs $50.00. No late assignments will be accepted after Sunday end of week six.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Attend the Saturday class and turn in all assignments to pass the class. You must have at the end of the six weeks an approved (by the instructor)resume and cover letter targeted to the practicum for alcohol and drug counseling. By week six you will need to have registered for ACCBO which costs $50.00
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||21947||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 12-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Tanya Maldonado
Notes: Meets 1st Saturday (4/4), 1:30p to 5:20p, Rm. JH 207.
Tuition: credit Fees: $0.00
For information, contact Cascade