MUS203 Intro to Music & Its Lit
Covers music of the post-Romantic era and the 20th century. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please introduce yourself in Discussion by Wednesday of the first week of class, or you will be dropped to allow wait students entry. Introduction to Music and its Literature focuses on the music of the 20th century, including Impressionism, Expressionism, Neo-Classicism, New Romanticism, and Minimalism. Also highlights popular music traditions of the 20th century, including musical theater, jazz, global music, and rock and roll. There will be quizzes every week, study guide assignments, musical terms to define, listening assignments from the CDs that accompany the text, and class bulletin board responses. The quizzes are used as a learning tool, therefore you may re-take them with only the highest score being recorded. The Mid Term and Final Exam can be taken only ONCE and are timed. You will be required to write a Term Project on a topic of your choice (4-8 pages) and complete a Musical Experience which may include listening to a CD, watching a TV program or attending a live concert sometime during the quarter. All communication for this course is through D2L. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- PC/Mac users will need a CD ROM, speakers with the ability to play MIDI files, WAV files, QuickTime Movies, MP3 files, FLASH media, and MPEG files. PC/Mac users will need RealPlayer. Homework assignments are to be done with Microsoft Word for PC or Microsoft Word for Mac OS X. Acceptable files include: .doc .docx or .rtf. Use Firefox as your browser Enjoyment of Music 11th Ed. ISBN 978 0 393 93520 2 January 2011 Hardcover $97.50. This text will be used for Mus 201, Mus 202, and Mus 203.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||20551||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Judy L Cervetto Hedberg
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek