Examines the relationship between the environment and human health. Focuses on issues such as persistent environmental contaminants, environmental toxins, chemical exposures, climate change and accompanying disease outbreaks. Includes a strong emphasis on personal decision making. Recommend: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Human Health and the Environment! I look forward to 'meeting' you online. This is a fully online class (NO campus meeting requirements).
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Two Required Textbooks are: Life Support: The Environment and Human Health by Micheal McCally. This is an electronic text that you will access for free. Instructions can be found in the Module 1 Overview. If you want to purchase a paper copy, you can get it at the PCC book store. Full citation is: (1) McCally, M. (Ed.). (2002). Life support: The environment and human health. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. (2) A World of Health: Connecting People, Place and Planet, published by Northwest Earth Institute. Available at the PCC bookstore
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|34538 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 03-Sep-2016|
Instructor: Lisa D Regan Vienop
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek