WEB Distance Learning Online Class: Math & Science
For Placement info contact 971-722-6255.
Attend a placement session to determine if skills are at appropriate level for this class, then register online.
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- GED Online Math and Science is a unique option offered through the ABE Dept. of PCC. It offers online instruction to adults who wish to prepare for the State GED (General Education Development) Examinations in Math and Science.
For information on registering, consult the online Distance Learning Schedule of classes. (Go to pcc.edu, choose Resources, then Registration, and follow directions.) If you have taken a PCC class within the last two years, you should be able to register online in MyPCC, using CRN: 22653
For information on Online learning and to take the Online Orientation, go to: http://www.pcc.edu/about/distance/orientation/ and follow the instructions.
Class starts March 30th and runs for 11 weeks.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course uses Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC, which is used to deliver all online courses.
To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
It is recommended that all students take a placement test on campus before taking this course to ensure proper placement and success. We have found the students who do the placement test are better prepared and more successful in the online class. As this is a distance learning class and some students may be unable (because of work or distance) to attend placement, you may e-mail the instructor. In your email, state that you are unable to attend placement, but have registered yourself into the class. The instructor will e-mail you to make sure the class will work for you. Instructor's e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your MyPCC e-mail once you've been admitted to the college for messages.
For those who can attend placement: Call 971-722-6255 for the Placement Schedule at the campus most convenient for you or check online at: http://www.pcc.edu/prepare/basic/enroll.html. A parking permit/payment is required when you come to campus .
If you have a disability and need any special assistance (such as sign language interpreter, a reader, or a writer) in order to participate in the ABE placement session, please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (971-722-4341) at least two weeks before the session is held. Students who are 16 or 17 years old must take a copy of their written high school release to the placement session.
If it is discovered that you need to raise your reading score in order to participate in the class, a placement adviser will direct you to choices for a regular GED class.
To be sure to have a place in class, register yourself online and wait for further information from your instructor or call the GED Office for immediate assistance 971-722-6255.
Payment of Fees:
You will be charged $41.80 per term for the math and science class. Students are required to pay in full two (2) Mondays PRIOR to the start of the term. Students who do not meet this payment requirement are subject to being deleted from their class. Students who register after the payment deadline need to pay in full the same day.
Once more, please call 971-722-6255 for any other questions or information. Be sure to mention that it is the online Math and Science option you are interested in.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- Write down the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes to register.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||22653||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 13-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Linda C Daugherty
Tuition: $0.00 Fees: $41.80
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS