Covers safety practices in the electronics industry. Includes electrical safety, HAZMAT, flammable and combustible liquids, safe handling of electronic components in the manufacturing environment including ESD control, product testing/certification, blood borne pathogens, fire safety, laser and radiation safety. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- EET 188 is a 1cr. online course. You need to log on to Desire2Learn from your MyPCC account in order to access this course. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions related to the EET 188 course. For technical questions contact the student help desk directly.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There is no required textbook for this course - teaching material is provided by the department in addition to free online material. This course is arranged chronologically and employs a modular design. Module 1a and b offers orientation to the on line environment. Modules 2 to 9 include the lecture and the assignments of each week. Week 10 is designated to taking the final exam. Each week, students should complete all assignments listed in that week's lesson module - weekly postings on the discussion board and assignments as well as the final exam. Intended Outcomes for the course: Apply standard safety procedures in an industrial environment.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|42788 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Sanda N Williams
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania