Second of a two term sequence designed to prepare students for an entry-level position as a system administrator of a network utilizing the Linux network operating system. Covers networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS and Samba . Prerequisite: CIS 240L or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class requires installing the Linux Operating System on 3 computer systems that are connected via a network. It is up to the student to determine whether to use barebones hardware or virtual machines/network. Most students chose to use virtual machines. If virtual machines are used it is recommended that the host system have a minimum of 8GB of RAM and 50GB of free disk space.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: PRACTICAL GUIDE TO Ubuntu Linux,with DVD, 4th Edition Author SOBELL Edition/Copyright 4TH 15 Published Date 2015 ISBN 9780133927313 Required hardware: A computer system(s) on which to install 3 instances of Linux, note using virtual machine software such as Virtual Box is acceptable.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|12531 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Jim B Santmyer
Notes: CLWEB - Includes online content.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania