Introduces student to the server-side scripting language, PHP, and its use in the development of Web sites. Topics include web server, PHP and MySQL database installation, scripting, techniques, database manipulation, user authentication, tracking and session management and e-Commerce techniques. Prerequisite: CIS 122. Audit available (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
There is no required text for this course, as we'll be using open educational resources that are freely available online. Readings for each week will be included in each week's learning modules in Desire2Learn.
You can use either a PC or a Mac for this class (Linux should work as well). All of the software we will use is free to download from the web. The only problem for Mac users is that I have very little experience using a Mac, so I probably will not be able to trouble-shoot Mac-related problems. However, there are almost always other Mac users in the class who can help if something like that should arise.
We will use three main programs in this class:
- Browser: Either Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. I mostly use Chrome.
- XAMPP (portable version of Apache web server, MySQL database, and PHP). See assignment 1 for installation instructions.
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for PHP. I'll be using PHP Storm for the lab walkthrough videos. There is more about this in assignment 1.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|28007 WEB »||-||28-Mar-2016 thru 11-Jun-2016|
Instructor: Jennifer L Sullivan
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania