Covers the use of social networks and emerging media in marketing and the role of social media in developing corporate, institutional or brand identity. Prior completion of Principles of Marketing (BA 223) is recommended. Completion of Computers in Business (BA 131), Basic Computer Skills (CAS 133) or computer literacy recommended. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Social Media Marketing! This course explores why social media is so important and how to use it effectively. It provides a solid understanding of the power of Social Media to help any business better promote itself. Moreover, the course can help students use social media to achieve their own personal goals and to advance their careers. Therefore, this class can be quite useful to all students not just business majors. We cover the 'why and how' of using platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and others to achieve positive personal and business results. I hope you will join me this spring! Alexa Maros
- Course Specific Requirements:
- TEXTBOOK REQUIRED: Title: Social Media Marketing, 2nd Edition Author: Tuten & Solomon. Publisher: Sage ISBN-13: 978-1473913011
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|47408 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Alexa Maros
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade