Introduces the history of India and the South Asian region. Includes political, diplomatic, economic, social, religious, and cultural themes from pre-history to modern times. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello Good Students: Welcome to History of India! India is second only to China in population and in a few years will likely be the most populous country in the world! It's good to know about it, and I'm glad you're interested. See the course info below, and realize that it is all very doable, and I will help you manage things - one week at a time. I look forward to seeing you on line. Sylvia
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text(s) Trautmann, Thomas R. 'India: Brief History of a Civilization.' Oxford University Press, Inc., 2016. ISBN 978-0-19-020249-1 (previous versions will be fine - they are not quite as well-organized but will still do the trick). 'The Ramayana.' Trans. R. K. Narayan. NY: Penguin, Edition 06.(other versions are acceptable) ISBN 9780143039679 [Note: There will also be required web readings throughout the modules - mostly interesting primary sources.] Activities, Assignments and Assessments: Two essay exams; Essay on 'The Ramayana'; Discussions online; Short responses to textbook readings; Scholarly Article Response Paper; Choice between a book review and a community-based learning project
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|42151 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Sylvia H Gray
Notes: Community-Based Learning Option - www.pcc.edu/cbl
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania