For Placement info contact 971-722-6255.
Attend a placement session to determine if skills are at appropriate level for this class, then register online.
- Write down the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes to register.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|24306||Web||—||—||03-Apr-2017 thru 16-Jun-2017|
Instructor: Linda C Daugherty
Tuition: $0.00 Fees: $53.50
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6255.
Course details: CRN 24306
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
No textbooks required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader
GED Online Math and Science is a unique option offered through the ABE Dept. of PCC. It offers online instruction to adults who wish to prepare for the State GED (General Education Development) Examinations in Math and Science. A basic math assessment will help customize your personal learning plan.
Class begins April 3rd and runs for 11 weeks.
Course Specific Requirements:
This course uses Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC, which is used to deliver all online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
It is recommended that all students take a placement test on campus before taking this course to ensure proper placement and success. We have found the students who do the placement test are better prepared and more successful in the online class. If it is discovered that you need to raise your reading score in order to participate in the class, a placement adviser will direct you to choices for a campus GED class.
For those who can attend placement: Call 971-722-6255 for the Placement Schedule at the campus most convenient for you or check online at: http://www.pcc.edu/prepare/basic/enroll.html. A parking permit/payment is required when you come to campus.
Payment of Fees:
You will be charged $53.50 per term for the math and science class. Students are required to pay in full two (2) Mondays PRIOR to the start of the term. Students who do not meet this payment requirement are subject to being deleted from their class. Students who register after the payment deadline need to pay in full the same day.
Once more, please call 971-722-6255 for any other questions or information. Be sure to mention that it is the online Math and Science option you are interested in