Concepts of a client-based relational database management system (RDBMS) and application of such systems to the business environment. Topics include database management issues, database design, creating and maintaining databases, creating forms, queries and reports. Design, create and maintain a database system. Recommended: CIS 121 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|20466||Web||—||—||02-Apr-2018 thru 16-Jun-2018||Textbooks for CRN 20466 < $40|
Instructor: Vicki J Jonathan
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-4393.
Course details: CRN 20466
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Please have a headset with working speakers and mic! It is important in this online class that we be able to communicate which is done by weekly remote sessions using Collaborate Ultra. You can prepare for this class by having access to a current (2013 or 2016) version of Microsoft Access. If you don't have that now there will be instructions on how to get set up when the term begins. Microsoft's Visio is a fine design tool that is suggested but not required. You can get this through PCC's DreamSpark access. This class is geared to Microsoft products and PC's; the use of open source applications and/or Mac's is problematic but not impossible.
This class requires time and participation for successful completion. Participation for online (distance) sections means activity on the discussion board and attending the online class sessions. It is important to not let yourself get behind. Let your instructor know immediately of issues affecting your class participation and work.